Fun Online Videos
Here’s a list of fun 3D videos you can watch with your red/cyan 3D glasses. Remember, the red lens goes over your right eye.
- Smitten 3D: This site contains a collection of animated 3D music videos that I’ve created.
- Laserkraft 3D & The Goooniez – Voyager 1: Fun science fiction music video. See if you can spot the half-constructed Death Star from Return of the Jedi.
- OK Go – White Knuckles: Like dogs? Like 3D? Well, this music video has both.
- Legend of the Moon: Another short science fiction movie.
- Pulfrich Effect – NC State Fair: Put away your red/cyan 3D glasses for this one. See this in 3D by putting the lens from a pair of sunglasses over your left eye. Keep both eyes open and you’ll see this video in 3D!
- Demonstration of the Pulfrich Effect: Again, you don’t need red/cyan 3D glasses for this video. See this in 3D by putting the lens from a pair of sunglasses over your right eye.
If you want to learn more about 3D or filmmaking, here are some videos to watch.
- Digital Cinema Filmmaker’s Training Course: For teens and adults. This isn’t free, and it’s for people who want to get really serious about filmmaking. There’s a whole lot of wisdom packed onto these discs, and it’s about half of what you need to know in order to make good films (2D or 3D).
- The Master Course in High-End Blocking and Staging, Visual Effects for Directors, and Hot Moves: The Science of Awesome: For teens and adults. These three courses are the “other half” of what you need to know in order to make good 2D or 3D films. Again, these videos aren’t free. However, they cost less than a semester of film school — and they’re arguably a better investment.
- 3D Creative Summit: For teens and adults. Lots of free, highly technical videos for teens or adults who want to hear Hollywood professionals discuss the techniques and challenges that go into 3D storytelling.